Who organizes Homeless Connect Toronto?
Homeless Connect Toronto is organized by a group of passionate and committed volunteers from the community. We were incubated in 2013 by the Centre for Social Innovation as part of the ING Direct Youth Agents for Change.
Board of Directors
- Mwarigha Shad, Chair (2017-present) - Vice-President of Housing and Homelessness, Woodgreen Community Services
- Jeffrey Li, Secretary (2016-present) - Associate, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg, LLP
- Jessica Elia, Treasurer (2017-present) - Chartered Accountant, Manager, Circle of Care
- Nikki Latta, Director (2018-present) - Associate Partner, Assistant General Counsel, Deloitte LLP
- Richard Teicher (2018-present) - Staff Lawyer, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law/Downtown Legal Services
- Samia Hussein (2017-2018) - Associate, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
- Sr. Georgette Gregory (2016-2018) - Health and Medical Support, Sisters of St. Joseph
- Azar Farhani, Chairperson (2013-2016) - Agency Review Officer, City of Toronto, Shelter, Support and Housing Administration
- Priti Saini (2014-2015) - Consultant, Deloitte
- Michael Shapcott (2013-2015) - Director of Community Initiatives, Prince's Charity Canada
- John Carey (2015) - ED, Flemington Neighbourhood Services
- Linsey McPhee (2013-2014) - Manager, Toronto Drop-In Network
- Alex Zsager, Social and Community Services Consultant